Forms of hosting services
A hosting service implies storing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server managed by a hosting distributor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a peek at them. Doing so, you can determine what you want, based on whether you'd like to set up a weblog, email address accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by given file storage providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between different packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different site hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a large amount of pics with pals or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to administering your email accounts. Some suppliers offer web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many videos as you would like without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Hosting Pine, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific web content only.